Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Alma 26:12


Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Grace is the enabling power God loans us to perform his work. When Ammon says he is nothing, he means in comparison to God. We can, in fact, do many things on our own. Many people live their whole lives supposedly on their own. In reality, though, as King Benjamin taught, none of us ever really do anything truly on our own. God has given us the earth, the sun, water, air, natural laws, and all the raw materials with which to work, not to mention life itself. Yet with all these gifts we cannot completely succeed in fulfilling God's purpose for us without his help. We will fall short of accomplishing all that is in his plan if we do not seek his assistance. Life is designed that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment