Sunday, January 20, 2013

An Invitation


I hope to share, with anyone who cares to read, my love for the Gospel of Jesus Christ as revealed through His holy word in the scriptures and through His living oracles. What I shall publish here shall be my own work. Except where I quote the scriptures and the General Authorities with appropriate attribution, my writings are not official doctrine or statements on behalf of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This is just me, sharing what I am learning by the Holy Ghost. To the degree that I plagiarize the words and writings of others, my apologies to the unrecognized authors. Please find solace in the fact that something you have said or written has been woven into the fibers of my being, even if I do not remember how it got there or where it came from. Sometimes I cannot distinguish my own original thoughts from the words of others that have become so ingrained in my mind that I think I thought them first. If I have made errors, I am happy to take feedback and make corrections.

I also invite comment. If you have read this far, you are, first of all, a glutton for punishment; but secondly, you have earned the right to provide critique and share your own thoughts. You may agree or disagree. The objective here is to learn, not to win, because leaning is winning. We learn best by discussing. When we discuss, the Holy Ghost can teach all parties. If all we do is listen, we only get half of the lesson that the Spirit has in store for us.

Blogging creates a sense of commitment, just in case there is someone out there who is following the blog. Over the years I have developed a fairly consistent habit of writing, so the commitment does not daunt me. I am committed to learning, and I am committed to writing. I am now also committing to sharing.

Please share with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment