Friday, January 6, 2017

First Nephi 19:20

 For behold, I have workings in the spirit, which doth weary me even that all my joints are weak, for those who are at Jerusalem; for had not the Lord been merciful, to show unto me concerning them, even as he had prophets of old, I should have perished also.

I can understand a little of what Nephi means about "workings in the spirit" when it comes to my family. I cannot stop myself from praying for them. I also had an experience recently where I had an increase in charity for the brethren in my high priest group, which motivated me to want to pray more fervently for these men with whom I associate. I cannot imagine, however, having such powerful concerns for a whole city, and especially for one that drove my family out and threatened to kill my father. Charity is an amazing gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment