Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Jacob 1:6-7


And we also had many revelations, and the spirit of much prophecy; wherefore, we knew of Christ and his kingdom, which should come. Wherefore we labored diligently among our people, that we might persuade them to come unto Christ, and partake of the goodness of God, that they might enter into his rest, lest by any means he should swear in his wrath they should not enter in, as in the provocation in the days of temptation while the children of Israel were in the wilderness.

Because I am convinced in the very depths of my soul that God, the Creator and Ruler of the universe, lives, and that he sent his son, Jesus Christ, to help me return to his presence when the test of mortality is over, I am obligated and duty-bound to share what I know. I believe God is real. I believe he loves me. I believes he loves every human being who ever has, does now, and ever will live on this earth. Can a greater truth be known? Can a greater purpose be found? Can I stand idly by surrounded by countless numbers of people who live without God in the world? Believing what I believe to be true, can I possibly find a more meaningful and purposeful use of my time than "persuading others to come unto Christ and partake of the goodness of God, that they might enter into his rest"?

No comments:

Post a Comment