Monday, August 28, 2017

Enos 1:4


And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens.

Enos was not a wicked man. He was not like Alma the Younger. He hungered and thirsted after righteousness. Nevertheless, he was aware of his imperfections. The Savior did not make Enos pray all day and night because he didn't want to forgive him. But Enos had some things to work out in his own soul before he was ready for the redemption he sought. We don't know the details of his prayers, but I suspect they were of a different quality when Christ finally answered him. We don't pray to change God's mind, we pray to change our own hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment