Sunday, August 13, 2017

Jacob 5:13


And these will I place in the nethermost part of my vineyard, whithersoever I will, it mattereth not unto thee; and I do it that I may preserve unto myself the natural branches of the tree; and also, that I may lay up fruit thereof against the season, unto myself; for it grieveth me that I should lose this tree and the fruit thereof.

Many times in this chapter the Lord of the vineyard says he is grieved at the prospect of losing his beloved tree, meaning his people. Daily we cause the Lord grief and disappointment because we fall short of our potential. We cut ourselves off from the gifts God has in store for us. Yet like a good gardener, he is patient. He digs about us and prunes us and nourishes us in the hopes that we will eventually produce some usable fruit. We need to stop resisting his attentions and let him work in us and through us.

No comments:

Post a Comment