Saturday, October 13, 2018

3 Nephi 9:17


And as many as have received me, to them have I given to become the sons of God; and even so will I to as many as shall believe on my name, for behold, by me redemption cometh, and in me is the law of Moses fulfilled.

Like so much else in the gospel of Christ, becoming a son or daughter of God is a gift -- one for which we must qualify, but a gift nonetheless. When we come unto Christ through faith and ordinances, he begins the redemption process in us. As we repent, our redemption becomes more complete. We learn to sing the song of redeeming love. Our nature changes from carnal to spiritual. When we are truly converted, we are begotten unto God, born again in Christ, and thus he makes us a son or daughter. We are still not perfected, but we are on the path, through the gate, and in the fold. We recognize our Shepherd's voice, and we accept our relationship to him. We are past the servant stage and are on our way to being his friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment