Saturday, November 3, 2018

3 Nephi 15:5


Behold, I am he that gave the law, and I am he who covenanted with my people Israel; therefore, the law in me is fulfilled, for I have come to fulfil the law; therefore it hath an end.

No clearer statement exists in the scriptures about who Christ is than this one. Christ is Jehovah, the God of the Old Testament. How fitting, how logical that the One who gave the law should be the one who lived it perfectly and so earned the right to redeem the rest of us who fall short in keeping the law. He could pay the penalty for sin because he defined both sin and the penalty. He knew when he gave the law that he would have to be the one to fulfill it.  It us not fair that Christ had to pay for our sins, but it was the plan from the beginning, he knew it, and he willingly accepted the role of Savior.  Thanks be to the Father for having such a magnificent Son!

No comments:

Post a Comment