Sunday, April 21, 2019

Farewell


The time has come to say good-bye to this blog. In August 2016, I began this project to “flood the earth” with the Book of Mormon. Two and a half years and 773 blog entries later, I have completed my mission, having sadly not accomplished my goal. I set out to flood the earth one drop at a time. My blog has made only the tiniest of drops in the ocean of humanity that needs the message of the Book of Mormon. Perhaps it was only my thirst that needed to be slaked, but I have received a downpour of knowledge and inspiration from having studied the word of God and listened to the impressions of the Holy Ghost.

I will now leave it to others to take up the call of the prophets of God to send his word into the world while I pause and take a breath. Nevertheless, I will not stop studying the Book of Mormon. Even as I have recorded my learnings from a single pass through this sacred volume, additional subsequent readings have already added new layers to my understanding. I may feel impressed to share more truths in another forum and another time.

But for now, I close with a final testimony. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God, brought forth in these last days by a prophet of God to witness afresh the reality and divinity of Jesus Christ. Through the words of the Book of Mormon, my faith in Christ has grown, deepened, and matured immeasurably. He is the anchor of my soul, the light of my life, my Savior and Redeemer. Without the Book of Mormon, my knowledge of Christ would be impoverished, my light only half lit, my soul tossed about. I thank God every day for the exquisite power of the Book of Mormon to touch my life and my heart. I join my testimony with millions of others: IT IS TRUE.

In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

--David A. Armstrong, Easter Sunday, 21 April 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment