Saturday, April 6, 2019

Moroni 10:3


Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.

The first steps to conversion are to recognize, remember, and ponder. Conversion starts in the head with a conscious decision to consider the possibility that God is real and that he has been at work among mankind for our entire history. When I ponder that thought, it makes God alive and relevant to me. When I recognize how he has blessed others, I begin to see those same blessings in my own life, and I know the Lord has been at work in me all along. Remember and ponder -- we cannot come to God without these two essential habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment