Friday, February 23, 2018

Alma 19:33


And it came to pass that when Ammon arose he also administered unto them, and also did all the servants of Lamoni; and they did all declare unto the people the selfsame thing—that their hearts had been changed; that they had no more desire to do evil.

This changing of the hearts and no more desire to do evil are signs of genuine conversion. They do not mean, however, that these people will never sin again. Nor do they mean that their conversion is complete. They still have a long ways to go. Repentance for them will be a lifelong pursuit, as it should be for all of us. They will be tempted by their carnal natures as are we all every day. The difference--what the Holy Ghost has done for them--is to remove the desire to sin. They don't want their sins any longer. They want something better. Though I make mistakes all the time and lose the battle with temptation daily, I do not want to sin. I want my life to be better. I fall short, but not for lack of desire. Truly the Spirit is willing but my
flesh is weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment