Saturday, April 7, 2018

Alma 32:21


And now as I said concerning faith—faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true.

Faith is hope for things we cannot see, touch, hear or prove with our mortal senses, but which we know nevertheless are true. We do not need faith in what we know. Faith causes us to act on what we hope is true. As we act, our faith is vindicated when we see our hope validated. Eventually faith, acted upon and answered, becomes knowledge and ceases to be faith. Hope becomes more than a wishful desire. It becomes a firm expectation.We know the outcome of our faith, and we rest in the assurance that our hope is justified. 
 
Faith gets me up in the morning and enables me to move forward through the day. By faith I keep doing the things that need to be done each day in the hope that I am doing something good that will make a difference. Faith keeps me from giving up when I see my weakness and shortcomings and wonder if I will ever be anything more than the wretched man that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment