Monday, October 3, 2016

First Nephi 7:19, 21

And it came to pass that they were angry with me again, and sought to lay hands upon me; but behold, one of the daughters of Ishmael, yea, and also her mother, and one of the sons of Ishmael, did plead with my brethren, insomuch that they did soften their hearts; and they did cease striving to take away my life.
And it came to pass that I did frankly forgive them all that they had done, and I did exhort them that they would pray unto the Lord their God for forgiveness. And it came to pass that they did so. And after they had done praying unto the Lord we did again travel on our journey towards the tent of our father.

Nephi instantly forgave his brothers at the first sign of contrition. “Frankly” also describes how the Savior forgives us when we repent. When we are rebellious, he is slow to hear our cries; and sometimes he lets us toil through difficult storms until the fourth watch, but when we want to repent and return to him, he is like the father of the prodigal son. When we are yet a far way off, he will run to us, fall on our necks, and kiss us.

No comments:

Post a Comment