Thursday, March 9, 2017

Second Nephi 4:34

O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm.

Whether or not Nephi encounters stumbling blocks in his way -- and in fact many are still ahead of him at this point -- he knows how to get over them. His faith in God has gotten him over every obstacle thus far, and he will build on his experience of faith to see him through to the end. He knows he cannot depend on his own strength. He just said he is a wretched man. But God has kept his promises thus far that the righteous will prosper in the land. Nephi's money is on God over man every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment