Thursday, March 16, 2017

Second Nephi 7:1-3

Yea, for thus saith the Lord: Have I put thee away, or have I cast thee off forever? For thus saith the Lord: Where is the bill of your mother’s divorcement? To whom have I put thee away, or to which of my creditors have I sold you? Yea, to whom have I sold you? Behold, for your iniquities have ye sold yourselves, and for your transgressions is your mother put away. Wherefore, when I came, there was no man; when I called, yea, there was none to answer. O house of Israel, is my hand shortened at all that it cannot redeem, or have I no power to deliver? 

God never really abandons us, but it may feel like it when we abandon him. The very purpose of the Messiah is to work out the atonement so that when we return to God, he can take us back. If the Lord can rescue Israel from Egypt, surely He can rescue us from sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment