Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Second Nephi 11:2


And now I, Nephi, write more of the words of Isaiah, for my soul delighteth in his words. For I will liken his words unto my people, and I will send them forth unto all my children, for he verily saw my Redeemer, even as I have seen him.

A key to understanding the Isaiah chapters in the Book of Mormon is to remember that they brought delight to Nephi's soul. They gave him hope and encouragement when he applied them to the future of his people. They are not dreadful, they are delightful. We need to look for the aspects of Isaiah that brought such joy to another prophet. Nephi copied Isaiah's words into his record to make sure that his people and we in the latter day would have them. We can therefore assume these chapters are important. Rather than skip over them, we should study them carefully and deeply and with the same spirit of revelation that inspired Nephi to copy them in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment