Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Second Nephi 9:46


Prepare your souls for that glorious day when justice shall be administered unto the righteous, even the day of judgment, that ye may not shrink with awful fear; that ye may not remember your awful guilt in perfectness, and be constrained to exclaim: Holy, holy are thy judgments, O Lord God Almighty—but I know my guilt; I transgressed thy law, and my transgressions are mine; and the devil hath obtained me, that I am a prey to his awful misery.

Though we may be constrained to remember our sins in mortality, Christ, by the atonement, can remove the memory of them from our minds in the day of judgment if we have fully repented. Just as the Lord promises to remember our sins no more, we will not have to be haunted by them either. We need the memories in mortality so we learn lessons and can teach others. But when those memories have served their purpose, the savior will remove them from us. It is one of the tender mercies of the atonement.

No comments:

Post a Comment