Sunday, May 21, 2017

Second Nephi 11:3


And my brother, Jacob, also has seen him as I have seen him; wherefore, I will send their words forth unto my children to prove unto them that my words are true. Wherefore, by the words of three, God hath said, I will establish my word. Nevertheless, God sendeth more witnesses, and he proveth all his words.

Witnesses are proof. God does not leave us without evidence of his words and his existence. He does not expect us to believe without proof. Nevertheless, he requires our effort up front. Christ said we had to do his word before we would know it is from God. He expects us to try and experiment, as Alma taught. But his promise is that if we try, he will send assurances. We do not have to live forever with blind faith. He can open our eyes if we let him.

No comments:

Post a Comment