Sunday, September 3, 2017

Jarom 1:2


And as these plates are small, and as these things are written for the intent of the benefit of our brethren the Lamanites, wherefore, it must needs be that I write a little; but I shall not write the things of my prophesying, nor of my revelations. For what could I write more than my fathers have written? For have not they revealed the plan of salvation? I say unto you, Yea; and this sufficeth me.

Jarom didn't think he had anything new or interesting to write. Nevertheless, I think everyone should write his testimony for his children. It doesn't have to be new doctrine or an amazing vision or revelation. If it is authenticate, every testimony is valuable. It doesn't matter that it is the same as everyone else's. A testimony, like love, is deeply personal and unique for each individual. A million love songs have been written, and there is still room for one more. The same is true of testimonies.

No comments:

Post a Comment