Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Omni 1:26


And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved.

Note to self: this life is not about collecting things, having a fabulous house, looking good, writing a best seller, creating the coolest app, increasing my FB following, getting a raise, or earning praise. It is about being saved and helping others towards salvation. Christ does not want just some of my time, my possessions, my money, my talents, my thoughts, my energy, my obedience. He wants it all, and then some. He wants my soul so he can fix it, heal it, and give it back to me ready to be presented to the Father. I have to live in this world, but I do not have to dedicate myself to worldliness. I am first and foremost God's child. Everything else is incidental.

No comments:

Post a Comment