Saturday, June 10, 2017

Second Nephi 27:23


For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles; and I will show unto the world that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith.

God does not change. What he did yesterday, he is doing today and will do again tomorrow. God cannot change and still be God. One cannot improve on perfection, and God is, by definition, perfect. If he changed, he would have to devolve from perfection, and thus he would cease to be God. Because God is perfect and unchanging, we can trust him. We can also expect certain things of him. If he used to speak to prophets, he will speak again. If he gave scriptures in the past, he will give us more scriptures now and in the future. If he created one world, he will create another. God's reality is one eternal round.

No comments:

Post a Comment