Sunday, January 21, 2018

Alma 10:6


Nevertheless, I did harden my heart, for I was called many times and I would not hear; therefore I knew concerning these things, yet I would not know; therefore I went on rebelling against God, in the wickedness of my heart, even until the fourth day of this seventh month, which is in the tenth year of the reign of the judges.

The state of wickedness cannot be stated any more plainly than this. Amulek knew better, but he chose to ignore God and worship the world. Satan didn't have to work hard to win over Amulek because he had willingly jumped into his chains and snapped the fetters shut all by himself. He was sure he could be happier without God. Until he got a message from God, he had convinced himself that God didn't care about him or what he did. He thought his life was his own to live any way he pleased. But that is not true. It wasn't true for Amulek, it wasn't true for Alma, and it's not true for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment